Teaching TeachersTraining can address the critical area of better communication in two ways:
- Through better empathy, expression and presentation Different students have different levels of absorption and different styles of learning. Awareness of this difference in style and responding to their needs is a gap that must be addressed.
- Through better language skills In an English medium school every teacher needs to impart knowledge in the English language accurately and articulately. There is a need for teachers of other subjects to speak grammatically and phonetically correct English. Hence English language skills are essential for all. Further, it is valuable to bring the English department in schools up to date with the latest trends in ELT around the world.
Lakshmi Venkatachalam, Education & Training Consultant, offers a series of training programs in a variety of settings including Educational Institutions, Corporates and Training Companies. Based on a needs analysis, these programs are further customized to address the needs of the institution.
Programs - for better empathy, expression and presentation skills:
- BE AN EFFECTIVE TEACHER Teachers are potentially the most important people in the world and this program trains teachers to harness their emotional intelligence, to understand, to communicate better and to get the best out of their students. This program will motivate and empower teachers with tools and techniques for being more effective. They will gain a clear understanding of learning styles and acquire skills to deal with challenges in the classroom.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING AND PRESENTATION SKILLS Speaking skills are essential for all students who aspire to be leaders in their chosen fields. Topics included will cover aspects of communication, audience analysis and speech preparation, overcoming stage fright, and presentation skills.
- AWAKEN THE LEADER WITHIN A programme aimed at developing the qualities of leadership among students by getting into their minds, breaking their limiting beliefs and helping them to blossom into leaders of tomorrow. It is essential for every student to understand ones own needs and characteristics and to learn to understand and respect that of others. Particular focus will be on learning to listen and communicate effectively.
- AWAKEN THE GENIUS WITHIN Every student is unique. It is empowering to identify one's own learning style and acquiring the right way to learn. Learning in the classroom is not a natural or genetic skill. It has to be learned. A variety of learning strategies, tools and techniques will be taught. Students will learn to set goals, build high self esteem and work towards becoming successful in studies and in life.
- SELF EXPRESSION THROUGH DRAMA AND DANCE This activity is aimed to facilitate self expression through drama and dance. It will strengthen Physical Movement, Motor Control and activate the student's Kinesthetic Intelligence.
- COMMUNICATING POSITIVELY WITH YOUR CHILD Parents, this is a workshop for you! Children don't come with "training manuals" and parents are left on their own to raise them. There are so many areas in which parents need better skills to help their children. To name a few: how to understand your child, how to identify the child's learning style, teaching them how to learn, establishing rapport and getting them to do things because they want to!
Workshop duration - 32 to 36 hrs
Workshop duration - 32 hrs
Those who have high bodily - kinesthetic intelligence are said to be good at body movement, performing actions and physical control. People who are strong in this area tend to have excellent hand-eye coordination and dexterity. Students will learn to remember by doing, rather than hearing or seeing.
Programs - for Better English Language skills:
- EVERY TEACHER AN ENGLISH TEACHER In English medium schools every teacher needs to impart knowledge in the English language accurately, articulately. The way each teacher speaks will influence the way students acquire the English language and it is therefore necessary for teachers of other subjects to speak grammatically and phonetically correct English. A variety of common grammatical errors made by Indian speakers of English and Phonetics and Phonology of English will be covered in detail.
- TESOL- MODERN TRENDS IN ELT English has emerged the Lingua Franca of the world, the global language of opportunity. English Departments are not always conversant with the latest trends in English Language teaching around the world. This course is for English teachers. Modern methods and approaches of language teaching will be discussed in detail.
- USING YOUR LANGUAGE LAB TO THE HILT Many schools and colleges have language labs, but often these labs are not put to optimum use. This program trains teachers to make use of the language lab creatively.
- ENGLISH PROSODY Phonetics and Phonology of English is seldom taught in schools. Yet, this knowledge is very essential for students to speak English well and to do well in exams (like the TOEFL and the PTE Academic) that are prerequisites for being admitted into Graduate programs abroad. The course will cover the segmental and supra segmental features of English.
Workshop duration - 24 hrs
Workshop duration - 32 hrs
Workshop duration - 30 hrs